Scottish Landscape Artist
About Pam Carter DA PAI
Pam was born in Tanganyika, East Africa to an Austrian mother and Scottish father. At the age of thirteen she came to Scotland where she schooled at Bearsden Academy. She graduated from Glasgow School of Art in the seventies and began her teaching career. She taught in from the mid-eighties in various colleges. After lecturing full time at Falkirk College she now concentrates full time on painting.
"My main inspiration as an artist is in the Scottish landscape and seascape. I enjoy using colour to define contours, structure and changing light sequences. I search out specific view points. I am equally inspired by the rugged isolation of the Western Isles and the dramatic view points of the Eastern coastline. I work predominantly in oil".
Pam's work is in numerous private and public collections including Royal Bank of Scotland, University of Liverpool, Baillie and Gifford, Cameron House, Port Charlotte Hotel, Islay and Hotel Eilean Iarmain, Isle of Skye.
- Work selected for the Laing calendar 1993
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Award, RGI 1996
- Paisley Institute Award 1998
- Visual Arts Scotland Award 1999
- Mark Greer Award, Paisley Art Institute 2009
- The Diploma of Artist Membership of The Paisley Art Institute (P.A.I.) 2019
- The Elizabeth and Harry Swan Award, Glasgow Art Club 2019
Ecosse Fine Art Limited Edition Prints, DeMontfort Fine Art Giclee Print, Tartan 2cv - producing 'Scotland's Artist Series' cards and calendar.
Elected membership of Paisley Art Institute, Visual Art Scotland and Glasgow Art Club
Reviews and Articles
Living Magazine - "Light of her Life" article by Maggie Ritchie - Winter 2020
The International Artist magazine (issues 28 and 29), Executive Lifestyle, Scotland on Sunday 'at home', Inside Readers' Homes, Build-it, The Scots Magazine, Scottish Islands Explorer and Holiday Home Living. The Hebridean, The Skye Magazine, The Glasgow Herald, West highland Free Press, The Home Show Magazine and Scottish Field.
BBC2 TV Clips
Pam has featured on the BBC 2 daytime television magazine programme 'Castle In The Country' when they visited the Island of Bute and also on the BBC 2 prime time Scottish Outdoor programme 'Landward' March 2008. There are two features on the BBC 2 site - A clip from the show and also an unedited video.
Castle in the Country
Exhibited throughout Britain, showing solo in many prestigious galleries currently in:
- Annan Gallery, Glasgow
- Art Agency, Esher, Surrey
- Arran Art Gallery, Arran
- Doorway Gallery, Dublin
- Gallery An Talla Dearg, Isle of Skye
- Gallery Heinzel, Aberdeen
- Grilli Gallery, Edinburgh
- Jetty Gallery, Oban
- Lemond Gallery, Bearsden
- Green Gallery, Buchlivie
- Morven Gallery, Isle of Lewis
- Red Rag Gallery, Stow on the Wold
- Strathearn Gallery, Crieff
- The Art Agency, Esher
- Walker Gallery, Harrogate
- The Royal Glasgow Institute (RGI), Glasgow
- Visual Arts Scotland (VAS) Edinburgh
- The Paisley Art Institute (PAI), Paisley
- Art in the Square, Glasgow
- Affordable Art Fair, London
- Chelsea Art Fair, London
- Art Expo, New York
- Affordable Art, New York